award winning interior design
We’re looking for something that enhances the dining space – either indoors or outdoors. Designs for any category are welcome, be it furniture, lighting, crockery, utensils or wall-hangings. The Mercedes-Benz Design Award is a platform to realise a great design concept and see it through to completion.
The judging panel will consist of the four design mentors and Broadsheet founder Nick Shelton. Judges will appraise entries on the following criteria:
- It should be an innovative, creative design and a feasible concept.
- The design should demonstrate both form and function.
- It must be aesthetically beautiful and serve its purpose as a durable, long-lasting piece.
- It should engage with its surroundings and add value to the dining experience.
- It should address a particular need in this area.
- The design must be able to be prototyped in four weeks.
- The end product must retail for no more than $2000.